Five Major Sources of Noise on Big Rig Trucks
Easy Maintenance Tips Reduce Exhaust Noise
1. Check the exhaust tubing. Repair or replace worn or leaking components.
2. Make sure your exhaust system is properly supported.
3. Installing a resonator or wye connector muffler is an economical way to reduce noise.
4. Modify a single exhaust system to a dual.
5. Check stack and tailpipe position. A straight stack will be quieter than a curved stack on vertical exhaust systems. Turn your horizontal tailpipes toward the center of the road.
RULE OF THUMB:
Combining Two Equal Noise Sources Increases Sounds Level by 3 dBA Two equal noise sources combine to create a sound level 3 dBA greater than either source.
Twice the Loudness is a 10 dBA Increase The increases are not linear! Increasing noise by 10 dB sounds twice as loud.
Sound Pressure Level Changes With Distance
Doubling the distance to a noise source decreases its sound level by 6 dB. Halving the distance to a noise source increases its sound level by 6 dB.
What Exhaust Parts are used in an Exhaust System?From the manifold to the exhaust stack, you’ll find that TruckpipesUSA can be the best source for y …1st Feb 2023
What are Exhaust Pipes for Big Rig Trucks?Exhaust pipes for big rig trucks are an essential component of the overall exhaust system. They play …13th Jan 2023
What is a Marmon connection used for?A Marmon Connection is a method to join an exhaust connection together. It is a best pra …3rd Feb 2021